As the acquiring of Islamic knowledge is an individual obligation, this can be fulfilled in various forms and mediums, be it a lengthy intense form of study or several short courses of study, depending upon the individual’s ability and time commitment.
Of the most successful methods of lengthy intense study is the highly recommended traditional Dars-e-Nizami based Alimiyyah programme. This 5 year programme offered by Madrasatul Haq is a multi disciplinary course covering the Islamic sciences to develop a sound understanding of Islamic law and theology supported by a full command in the Arabic language.
The course comprises of:
– Arabic Grammer, focusing mainly on Syntax and Morphology
– Tajweed (Qur’anic intonation)
– Islamic theology/doctrine
– Fiqh (Jurisprudence)
– Principles of Jurisprudence
– Hadith (Prophetic Traditions) & the Science of Hadith
– Seerah & Tareekh (Prophetic biography and History)
– Qur’an Translation and Tafsir (Exegesis)
After studying the two vital sciences; Exegesis of the Qur’an and the Sciences of Hadith along with secondary Hadith texts, the whole course culminates in the final year, in an intensive study of the core Hadith texts, namely the six authentic books of Hadith.
The course also maintains the traditional system of Ijazah upon graduation, which is permission from the teacher to the students to transmit knowledge. Every scholar is then part of an unbroken chain of transmission leading back to the Messenger of Allah (Peace and blessings be upon him).
The course equips students with thorough knowledge of the Qur’an and Sunnah, a deep understanding of the juristic laws governing a Muslim’s life, and great appreciation of the works of our pious predecessors, providing students with motivation to excel similarly in the field of knowledge.
Students are immersed in the Arabic language so they can directly access the Qur’an, Hadith and classical Islamic texts in order to enhance their knowledge both during and after their course of study.
The teachers and students are committed to actualise the knowledge learnt in example and practise, in the form of well adapted tarbiyah sessions on a weekly basis. This provides spiritual nourishment and allows one to focus on self rectification, the fundamental objective in life and a core value of the Alimiyyah Course.
Whether one wishes to serve the community professionally as scholars, leaders, and teachers or simply expound on their Islamic knowledge, the alimah course at Madrasatul Haq offers a remarkable journey on the legacy of the beloved Messenger of Allah (Peace and blessings be upon him).
There are 2 classes to choose from:
Full Time Sisters Only (5 years)
- Mon to Fri from 9:15AM till 12:45PM – Year 1
- Mon to Fri from 9:15AM till 2:45PM – Year 2 to 5
Part Time Sisters Only (6 years)
- Mon, Tues & Thurs from 5:30PM till 8:00PM plus additional 2 days online self-paced – Year 1
- Mon, Tues, Wed & Thurs from 5:30PM till 8:00PM plus additional 1 day online self-paced – Year 2
- Mon to Fri from 5:30PM till 8:00PM – Year 3
- Mon to Fri from 5:00PM till 8:00PM – Years 4-6
£25 one off Enrolment Fee
£800 per year Full Time (£600 in the first year), £600 per year Part time, increasing to £700 in Year 3 and £800 from Year 4-6